Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Models application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have seen in text books a lot of theory is given about transistor models like Hybrid model, re model and extra. I just want to understand when these models are really used because if I see a lot of analysis is done by KCL or KVL equations only and people do not use much of these models for analysis as far as I know. I am sorry i am asking an idiotic question.

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Satya

EL77,

Truth to tell, you have not asked any question. You just made some statements. I believe most serious design and analysis is done by computer programs like LTSpice, PSpice, Orcad, and others. However, is is good to know how the different models relate to the way semiconductors behave. The KVL and KCL all relate to electrical circuit energy transference and cannot be ignored. Therefore, I don't understand your statement about them not being used.

Ratch

Information is requested

Hi All,

I have seen in text books a lot of theory is given about transistor models like Hybrid model, re model and extra. I just want to understand when these models are really used because if I see a lot of analysis is done by KCL or KVL equations only and people do not use much of these models for analysis as far as I know. I am sorry i am asking an idiotic question.

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Satya

Yes, Ratchit, no question marks at sight but a request for information anyway...

Interested on this myself. Sure you can contribute.

Ratch is one of those guys who, if asked "Do you know where the post office is?", will answer "Yes.".
And he will respond to this post by saying, "What's wrong with that?".:D

I gotta admit, though, that he gave the OP a lot more information than I did.:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back