Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor current amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

strat

hi, can any ine help me with how to build transistor current amplifier.if i want to boost 20ma to 200 ma..thanx you

strat said:
hi, can any ine help me with how to build transistor current amplifier.if i want to boost 20ma to 200 ma..thanx you

hi,
Do you mean something like this?

Give us more details of what you are trying to do.

Last edited:
Current amplifier

actuall i've got the signal from PIC which is a square wave 0-5V and its frequency is 50 hz and the pulse width is 100 micro second...and because the ouput current from PIC is small therefore i want to amplify the current...but get the same signal as before...will the circuit that u gave me do that?thank you for your reply

You still don't give any idea of what you want? - the small circuit as shown will do what you ask, but may not do what you want?. We don't care about the PIC side, we all know what that does - what we need to know is EXACTLY what you're trying to feed from it.

current amplifier

I'm building a digital calibrator for partial discharge system...Therefore, this pulse that i want to amplfiy the current will be feed to capacitor and feed to the partial discharge system..Is it clear enough? sorry for making confusion here

Not really, notice in the circuit above the load is connected between the collector of the transistor and the +ve supply - is your load able to be connected in that way?, and is the supply voltage high enough to do what you require?.

current amplifier

the load can't be connected that way..is it possible to connect it other way? The supply voltage is enough...thank you

strat said:
the load can't be connected that way..is it possible to connect it other way? The supply voltage is enough...thank you

hi,
You could use this type of circuit if require a 200mA constant current source.

Any questions?

Last edited:
strat said:
icic, what would be the Vref u put in collector in transistor 1?

icare
Charles

hi,
First you need a PNP transistor that is rated at least 200mA continous current. Iwould say 500mA
The Rcc series emitter resistor has to be rated also for at least 200mA.

If for example you had a Rcc = 10R , the emitter voltage with respect to the +V rail would be about 2V.
If you allowed for a Vbe of say 0.7V then the voltage on the base wrt +V would have to be 2.7V ie: the Vref =2.7V

If you used a standard Vref ic say 2.5Vref then you will have to adjust the value of Rcc to [2.5-0.7]/.2 = 9R

Of course the resistance the CC is flowing into must NOT cause a voltage drop greater than the +Vsupply and the Ve wrt +V.

This means if you have a +12V supply and the Vce= 2.6V, assume saturation
Rload = 9.4V/0.2 << 47R

Last edited:
Hi everyone , I have a question , I am working on my final year project I am using PLC's to represent a temperature control system . I am using helogen lights as a heat source but the PLC output is in the range of 4 - 20 mA and the helogen light requires 4 to 5 Amps. I need to amplify the current using a transistor. Can anyone show me or tell me where i can find relevant examples ?? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back