Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Circuit that is normally closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icedeocampo

I wondering if we can implement a transistor switch... that is remains in an "on" state for voltages below 14v and... and it will be in an "off" state when a the voltage is greater than or equal to 14v.

The circuit should be able to switch around 5Amps.

Can you guide me as to what path to take... thanks !

A TIP34C PNP power switch will exhibit this behavior with a Vcc of 14.7 volts. Will this work for you? You'll need quite a bit of base current for this though.

Hmm... would a 3A be enough?

Here's the whole scenario... I have motorbike... with a stator that produces anywhere from 22v to 60v, I rectified that AC (half wave)

Another topic I've posted is how to make a shunt regulator for it, so im exploring different posibilities.

and I need to regulate it to feed it to a battery... My idea is basically... the transistor should work like a very fast switch... fast enough so it'll feed something to the battery, but it should not exceed a certain voltage.

im really sorry because I'm really new in electronics, would you be able to help me comeup with a schematic diagram, thanks :)

If 14.7 would be the cutoff, I'll probably use a series of diodes to drop the voltage... would that be possible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back