Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor Amplifier for PWM output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a load? Don't forget that "PWM" signal will just peak charge any capacitance on the output and hold it waiting for paracitics to discharge it. You can't just set a certain duty cycle and expect a certain voltage... other considerations come into play.

Yes. I've done it. My problem is solved after connecting the load. I tried with a 47ohm resistor at first, then replaced with the real lamp. now I'm able to control the voltage from 0 to 4.95V, which is all that I wanted. I'm using TIP127.

Now the PWM frequency is 20KHz. So, I'd need an RC low-pass filter to input them to ADC. What should be the cut-off frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back