Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transimpeadance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptsoon

Hi,
I am a newbie I need to do the following. Any suggestions as to how to proceed.
I need to design a two stage transimpedance amplifier using OPA355 with a gain of 6M and 400nSec rise time. with the following requirement:
Gain: 6M times (1nA will result in 6mV output)

Rise time: 400nsec worst case

Frequency response: 100KHz to 500KHz
Thx

Hi.

Just do a regular calculation of U=RI. And I suggest you read this pdf file.

If source is a true current source (no dependent voltage) then cmr should not be an issue.

Last edited:
2 stage Transimpeadance

Thanks Grossel,

Here is my simple circuit and as stated earlier
I need a Gain: 6M times (1nA will result in 6mV output)
Rise time: 400nsec worst case
Frequency response: 100KHz to 500KHz

So I have calculated the resistor values arbitarily(R1,R2,R3) for producing a Gain of 6M.
I am having difficulty finding the capacitor values in order to maintain a 6M gain and also the rise time must be < 400 nsec.

I am a newbie and need help with the formulas in understanding this. I am ot sure if Iam missing out on some basic points.
I need to have the value of C2 without compromising the gain.

Please help me with this.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back