Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill.jr

Hi, My name is bill, a newbie.
Now a simple question for you experts, I have tried the web, lots of books etc, what it is my cordless drill charger has packed up on checking it I am getting no output from the transformer, oh yes the drill is a 14.5 volt i have seen some transformer's that I think will suit output 15 volt but before I buy one I need to know what this means ie output 15v -VA what does the VA mean and what effect it has on the output.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Regards bill

VA is Volt Ampere, this the transformer power.

Hi,

You should check the voltage rating of the old wall wart first. 14.5v means really 14.4v and that means there are 12 cells in there and that would required at least 18vdc to charge. They may be relying on the peak voltage output of the wall wart though, but the best way to to match the old wall wart exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back