Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformers Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuebo

I have an assignment question that I just can't find the answer to - Why would it not be possible to connect a star star transformer to a star delta transformer? - any help appreciated.

Have you tried figuring out the answer rather than finding the answer? Sit down and draw it out. I got a feeling it produces a short-circuit somewhere or something like that.

Last edited:
For stability of supply, and to provide additional protection via a neutral CT, normal practise is, to use Delta - Star configuration for distributiontransformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back