Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

buick51

Can anyone tell me why in some circuits the transformer secondary
is not floating but tied to one of the primary terminals ?
It is not an autotransformer so what is the point of doing that?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• two.GIF
    two.GIF
    2.8 KB · Views: 156
Thank you for your answer.
This earth ground reason I may understand if the transformer's output is to be referred to ground or if in an audio amp stage grounding is needed but this i have seen in many other circuits even stun guns like the attached G. L. CHEMELEC circuit
T1,T2

Attachments

• Stun-Gun-3a.png
    Stun-Gun-3a.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 289
This is a very tough question to answer simply because of the fact that there are so many reasons. The only one that knows exactly why the 2 coils are tied together is the designer of the circuit. Track him down if you need to know, he/she will explain it better than anyone in here can.

This stun gun circuit is just for example ,many other circuits have the same
wiring for a reason which seems to be a general or a basic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back