Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer sending signal and power (Industrial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hi board,

I have a transducer which is outputting frequency 1Hz to 1KHz 5VTTL . I need this to be conveyed at a distance of 5meter in an automotive . I was thinking to use an audio transformer ferrite to couple this frequency and then down convert this to voltage via RC integrator . I want to get advise for;

1) after sensor output pulses should we amplify the pulses to 12V via MOSFET , what transformer is best for 1Hz to 1KHz (Ferrite core /Iron?). What topology is good a push pull or direct drive the Transformer?

2) At the receiver side is it ok to down convert the frequency to voltage via RC integrator ? . I can tolerrate an error of 2% no problem .

Any other good idea to do this for industrial application.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Hi board,

I have a transducer which is outputting frequency 1Hz to 1KHz 5VTTL . I need this to be conveyed at a distance of 5meter in an automotive . I was thinking to use an audio transformer ferrite to couple this frequency and then down convert this to voltage via RC integrator . I want to get advise for;

1) after sensor output pulses should we amplify the pulses to 12V via MOSFET , what transformer is best for 1Hz to 1KHz (Ferrite core /Iron?). What topology is good a push pull or direct drive the Transformer?

2) At the receiver side is it ok to down convert the frequency to voltage via RC integrator ? . I can tolerrate an error of 2% no problem .

Any other good idea to do this for industrial application.

Thanks in Advance

hi,
Have you considered a LM2917 freq to voltage converter at the source and connect the dc output across 5 mtr via screened 2 core cable.?

hi,
Have you considered a LM2917 freq to voltage converter at the source and connect the dc output across 5 mtr via screened 2 core cable.?

Hi, At the receive side , I cannot do much changes as this is an addon to a PCB as this got left somehow :( . I was thinking to put in a simple RC integrator at the receive side! . I wonder if the signal/frequency transmission this way stays clear from noise ? and Humm .

Thanks

Hi, At the receive side , I cannot do much changes as this is an addon to a PCB as this got left somehow :( . I was thinking to put in a simple RC integrator at the receive side! . I wonder if the signal/frequency transmission this way stays clear from noise ? and Humm .

Thanks

hi,
I would make the F2V on a small pcb as close possible to the source, IMO it easier to filter 'dc' signals against noise than switched signals.

Regards the simple R/C integrator, depending upon the 'load' offered by the receiving circuit you may need a buffer amp after the integrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back