Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer Rewind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I am looking for a sight on the web to show and explain hiw to rewind a transformer.
The method they use to make the firld winding and how it is installed on the iron field .
The insulation methods thet are used.
The iron field I have is a W type.

Gregory said:
I am looking for a sight on the web to show and explain hiw to rewind a transformer.
The method they use to make the firld winding and how it is installed on the iron field .
The insulation methods thet are used.
The iron field I have is a W type.

Gregory, the way I learned about this was to take old transformers apart. What you call " iron field" is known as the transformer CORE. What you call "firld winding (sic)" is called either the primary or secondary winding.
The insulation entirely depends on the expected voltages, your question is too vague for details.
Google for the terms I quoted and also for 'transformer winding techniques'. web searches are not so difficult that you cannot do them yourself
:wink:
Klaus

Amateur radio operators (and others no doubt) who built their own equipment frequently rewound transformers. You might look in amateur radio publications from 20 or 30 years ago. In the last 5 years there have been articles on rewinding microwave oven transformers for low voltage/high current power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back