Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevors

Hello everybody,
I want to build an inverter which obviously requires a transformer. The design I've seen uses a ferrite rod with the relative windings on it. Do I have to use this type of transformer or can I use the 'normal' type with the 'bobbin' and the ferrite inserts (the ones that look that look like a 3)?

Trevors said:
Hello everybody,
I want to build an inverter which obviously requires a transformer. The design I've seen uses a ferrite rod with the relative windings on it. Do I have to use this type of transformer or can I use the 'normal' type with the 'bobbin' and the ferrite inserts (the ones that look that look like a 3)?

hi Trevor,
The ferrite transformer should work OK, are you going to use the same cct as your previous post for the osc/driver.?

Hi Eric,
It's the inverter circuit for the flourescent light. My post was about the inverter and charger using solar panels.

Trevors said:
Hi Eric,
It's the inverter circuit for the flourescent light. My post was about the inverter and charger using solar panels.

hi,
The ferrite core dimensions/core diameters and ferrite material, determine the number of windings required.
You cannot just copy the winding details from the ferrite rod circuit.

Do you have the datasheet/part number for the ferrite.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back