Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I tried was disconnecting the transformer to the humming line and bringing it to the front room where the corresponding camera is and plugging the transformer directly into the camera. But the same thing happened. The hum was just as loud! Does anyone have any suggestions?

@germaniohm,
we have had a log discussion. If the saying"a picture is worth 1000words" is true, i personally feel, a schematic of what has been done would better explain for further thought sharing.

There are specific methods of interference control. at times the transformers under consideration can be oriented at right angles so that induction can be cancelled. Of course, induction on a closed E/I core packing as used in power transformers is not heard of. You might have seen power transformers with metal clap surrounding the core. It also helps.

I feel you can take the pain of making a schematic, even few photo shots to give a clear picture of the set up as made by you. It really helps to analyse.

I guess I should change my sn to "Searching Stupid". All these problems occur in electronics and they have to be researched in order to be solved. I feel dumb as I look around, asking questions. Am I as dumb as I look? My BIG BUZZING DILEMMA has now distilled and percolated down to this: The RCA cable I use to convey the camera output and the microphone output creates an overwhelming hum. Turning off the transformer solves the problem. But I cannot lose that fourth camera. I tried taking the transformer to the mini camera and plugging it directly into said mini camera thinking that it would solve the problem because the energized conductor-line-wire-cable (whatever you want to call it) would no longer be side-by-side with the video conductor-line-wire-cable (whatever you want to call it). But THAT didn't work either and the hum returned. Just as loud. Just as persistent. Just as aggravating. I fell to my knees and clasped my raised hands and beseeched the GREAT ELECTRONICS GOD for the path of the enlightened and promised to name my first born "Tesla" in HIS honor!!! So now I will "endeavor to persevere" and push forever onward and forever upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back