Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer equivalent examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

I need an ebook or practive sheet/tutioral on doing calculatons using transformer equivalent circuit. For example, find Rc, jXm, Req and Xeq

Notably on the short circuit and open circuit tests. I also find it hard how do you know to do the tests on the LOW side or HIGH side of the transformer? I always get confused on this

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

The short circuit, leakage inductance test, can be done from both primary and secondary. Usually you put the Lm equivalent on the primary side model. It is a small percentage of magnetizing inductance relative to primary or secondary winding inductance.

The short circuit, leakage inductance test, can be done from both primary and secondary. Usually you put the Lm equivalent on the primary side model. It is a small percentage of magnetizing inductance relative to primary or secondary winding inductance.

Thanks, what about open circuit test? I kinda want to get a book or tutorial and learn how to do all these, I'm in class but the professor is making it more confusing that it really is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back