Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshyedla

Hi all,

Could I know how to design the transformer core area and length according to the power.

It should be step down transformer

Power= 100KW
Frequency = 1000Hz

Thank you in advance.

I mean the primary Voltage and the current of the transformer is :
Vp = 565; Ip= 175A.
Total power of the circuit is designed for 100KW

Do you expect different answers?

You are asking the SAME QUESTION, to the SAME PEOPLE.

Einstein's definition of insanity... doing the same thing over and over the same way, expecting different results....

the people you need to ask about this are engineers that specialize in high power (over 1kW) power transmission. i hope you are not on a shoestring budget, as this will be BIG iron and BIG copper (the secondary will likely be a copper busbar bent around the core)

Last edited:
figure 4 pounds + potting material per KW for a 400Hz three phase transformer..

you could probably cut that in half with forced oil cooling and 1000 Hz.
however you would have to have oil flowing Through both the iron core and the wire.

figure 1800$ worth of magnet wire and honestly I have no idea what .001" thick silicon steel costs these days.. but you'll need about 200 pounds of it.

probably worth contracting this out to another company...

you will need 10 parallel loops of 2000MCM wire for your secondary (2000MCM wire can handle 1100A) if you are planning on it providing 10000A. actually maybe more, since that rating is at 60hz, and at 1khz, skin effect will reduce the current carrying cross-section. skin depth at 1khz in copper is 89.7 mils or 0.0897 inches (2.3mm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back