Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have found this transformer 1VA, 6V at **broken link removed** with the reference number 45001 and I just wonder how to connect the pins in a circuit.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• transformer_328.gif
    transformer_328.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 260
Electronics4you said:
Hi All

I have found this transformer 1VA, 6V at **broken link removed** with the reference number 45001 and I just wonder how to connect the pins in a circuit.

Any ideas?

The usual way.. I'm not sure what specifically you are asking about. You connect the primary winding to mains (230V, 50/60 Hz in this case) and the secondary winding to your load where you can expect 6V loaded with 167mA as it is rated. The unit can safely operate at up to 1VA of power delivery under these conditions.

If you are making a power supply, your secondary circuits run off of the secondary winding (like rectifiers, filter caps, regulators etc..)

For a safe primary side design, you will have to reference a suitable schematic. It is not recommended that you directly wire this part to the mains. You will need proper fusing and line transient protection to be safe.

What else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back