Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transformator 1200 to 8ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi1sa

Hi,

I am new in all this, and I need help about this transformator..
HOW to ask for that one in the store, is there some special name or..??

THANX

transformer?

I'm pretty sure you mean a transformer, not a transformator - whatever that is.

1200 to 8 ohm, means that you'll want to transfer the impedance from 1.2k to 8 ohms. That gives us a ratio of 1/150, and since secondary to primary impedances tranfer with inverse square proportions you'll want a ratio of sqrt(150), which is 12.24.

What you need is a transformer of turns ratio of 1:12, which will convert your 1200 Ohm impedance into 8.3 Ohm impedance. So when you go to the store (or order from catalog), ask for that. If you can't find that particular ratio then try substituting. Use the following formula to calculate your resulting resistance:

R(converted)=1200*(1:n)^2

where n is your turns ratio. When you assemble the circuit make sure you connect primary winding (the one with 1 winding) to the source, and secondary to your impedance (1200Ohms)
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back