Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer function of non linear system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishafaisalbe

Hi

I am trying to workout transfer function of current transformer from the experimental frequency response curve. I found that Current transformer has magnetic core which has a non linearity. So the system can be treated as non linear system. From my understanding Transfer function approach is valid only for linear systems.

Can any one suggest a method ?

Regards

Faisal

Hello there,

It is usually much more desirable to have a linear transfer function, but is there any reason why your function must be linear?
A diode is non linear but we still functionalize that curve and are able to incorporate it into circuit equations. A bit harder to solve, but nonetheless doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back