Transciever Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleyk

Greetings to everyone here, pls i would like to have a transceiver Schematics of about 10km radius for my aircraft project pls urgently...

Sounds like quite a project.

Is this for a model airplane or something larger?

A 10km radius is adventurous...

it could be for a piloted aircraft, in which case it would have to meet strict government regulations to be used in an airplane. this would preclude DIY'ing the radio...

yeah it's a project cos i have made a DIY aircfrat, i need to fly it with goverment permission, but i need an aircraft tranciever before going for a test.. reply please

In the United States, we call DIY aircraft "homebuilt" aircraft. They are licensed "experimental" under our FAA regulations. There is a national organization called the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) that helps builders and champions their causes with the FAA. The EAA also has international membership. I suggest you contact the EAA for help.

There are numerous, relatively inexpensive handheld transceivers that are legal to use in airplanes. I suspect building one from scratch and getting it approved for use in an airplane, even if possible, would cost you much more than buying.

I should add that handheld units are not assigned to a particular aircraft. So, you may consider borrowing one to use for your test flights.

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…