Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TRaffic lights project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowzone2009

Hello its my first project , would your please advise me or help me . i would thank you !
Traffic light system
Design a digital logic circuit for a traffic light system. You are free to choose the
traffic light arrangements and operations. An example of traffic light system is shown
at a two dual-carriage roads meet at a T junction, as shown in Figure 1. Three traffic
lights (E, W and S) placed at this junction are to be set up and controlled by a digital
logic system.

Attachments

• Assignment_Trim2-2011-2012.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,592
Last edited by a moderator:
Lol i can not use that ! i need counters , 555 timer , and its 3 traffic lights A B C in T junction , i should just use logic design .

Lol i can not use that ! i need counters , 555 timer , and its 3 traffic lights A B C in T junction , i should just use logic design .
I think the link I provided explanes how to meet your requierments for your assignment to a "T" no pon intended.
Did you read it?
You are free to choose the
traffic light arrangements and operations.
So you could use a "T" or an "X" right?
In the lesson I linked to it clearly shows you need a clock. You could use a 555 timer right?

yes .
its my arrangement for A B C
if A GREEN , B AND C RED
IF B GREEN , A AND C RED
IF C GREEN . B AND A RED
SO
A B C Sequence
G R R 0
G R R 1
G R R 2
Y R R 3
R G R 4
R G R 5
R Y R 6
R R G 7
R R G 8
R R Y 9

Last edited:
also i use one monostable 555 timer T = 1.1 × R1 × C1 and one decode IC 4017 . so as you see i have got everything , so might you help me . i need to use 6 BJT , which all collector is +9 v . and emitter is my LEDS , can you help me with simulation ?

[mod edit: off topic]

Last edited by a moderator:
also i use one monostable 555 timer T = 1.1 × R1 × C1 and one decode IC 4017 . so as you see i have got everything , so might you help me . i need to use 6 BJT , which all collector is +9 v . and emitter is my LEDS , can you help me with simulation ?
Perhaps I'm missing something, but as far as I can see, you have 9 LEDs therefore you need 9 BJT to drive them.

If so, then you can do the logic either with OR gates or with diode gates.

BTW the 4017 counts from 0 to 9, not 1 to 10.

0 is the first digit of all numbering systems.

The 4017 may not necessarily be the best counter for this job. A binary counter may be better. See my post#22 in this thread. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/led-5-blinks-and-then-a-continuous-light.123628/

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but as far as I can see, you have 9 LEDs therefore you need 9 BJT to drive them.

If so, then you can do the logic either with OR gates or with diode gates.

BTW the 4017 counts from 0 to 9, not 1 to 10.

0 is the first digit of all numbering systems.

The 4017 may not necessarily be the best counter for this job. A binary counter may be better. See my post#22 in this thread. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/led-5-blinks-and-then-a-continuous-light.123628/
Thank you for your information , it was very good and helpful . can you give me one simulation for that ?

Thank you for your information , it was very good and helpful . can you give me one simulation for that ?

You're welcome.

I do my designs on paper, not by simulation.

I have drawn the A case for you. See if you can do the B & C cases.

When you have done it, please post your circuit so we can advise you.

Note that I saved some components by using a NOR gate to drive the Red LED.

The logic is if the Green & Yellow LEDs are off, then the Red one needs to be ON.

Edit:
I have replaced the circuit with a marginally better one.

The changes are in red.

Attachments

• Traf lights 1.jpg
    Traf lights 1.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 4,769
Last edited:
man i dont understand that , why u write
0 3
1 2
2 4
in the counter , what is 3 , 2 , 4?
Did you look at the data sheet of the 4017?

0 is output 0 which is connected to pin 3 of the IC.

1 is output 1 which is connected to pin 2, etc.

See page 2 of the attachment.

Attachments

• 4017.pdf
    165.8 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
ok i made this simulatin , but in run it has some problem
1 ) green and red trun one together
2) C last traffic light Green and yellow blinking and red one wont turn one
3) when theone trafic light is green others are not red !
would you help me

Attachments

• project.pdf
    40.8 KB · Views: 858
Here is a circuit:
4 WAY TRAFFIC LIGHTS
This circuit produces traffic lights for a "4-way" intersection. The seemingly complex wiring to illuminate the lights is shown to be very simple.
**broken link removed**

colin55,
That is interesting but confusing.

1. It does not agree with his table at posts #9 or #18. There are too many greens in your diagram

2. The 4017 outputs are labled Q0 ~ Q9 but your output numbers are labled 1 ~ 10.

3. He has 3 columns in his table, but your output diagram has only 2 rows.

Please elaborate.

colin55,
That is interesting but confusing.

1. It does not agree with his table at posts #9 or #18. There are too many greens in your diagram

2. The 4017 outputs are labled Q0 ~ Q9 but your output numbers are labled 1 ~ 10.

3. He has 3 columns in his table, but your output diagram has only 2 rows.

Please elaborate.
The circuit Colin posted is from the web and is for a four way stop light. The OP is trying to make a 3 way stop light.

would you all stop copy from other website . my question is very clear . ( i have seen all web sites )
i need T junction traffic light . ( A B C)
when one is green or yellow others be Red .
10 sequences .
G R R 0
G R R 1
G R R 2
Y R R 3
R G R 4
R G R 5
R Y R 6
R R G 7
R R G 8
R R Y 9
SO BETTER YOU KNOW ,that i know what i want and what is going one ! just please if u know how to design the 3 Led with Counter that give me those result , give me your opinian .
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back