Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

traffic light control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcheetah

i read the post

and

i found it an interesting project. but the one discussed in these posts is not very practical. it is just for one signal. what if we have a junction or crossroad. this project should have sensors etc.

how can one implement such a traffic light control system. the rules can be anything. it should be customizable. the same system should work in a number of different situations. it should have an interface that allows customization. the operator will enter certain parameters and the system will work for that certain area or road.

any ideas for such a project?????

samcheetah said:
i read the post

and

i found it an interesting project. but the one discussed in these posts is not very practical. it is just for one signal. what if we have a junction or crossroad. this project should have sensors etc.

how can one implement such a traffic light control system. the rules can be anything. it should be customizable. the same system should work in a number of different situations. it should have an interface that allows customization. the operator will enter certain parameters and the system will work for that certain area or road.

any ideas for such a project?????

Yes, it's called a micro-controller or micro-processor :lol:

Over the years it's been a popular programming project for giving to students.

i know that Nigel.

i was asking if someone has written such a software for some uP or uC. if someone has attempted to make such a system plz tell me.

such a system can be simulated in C++ easily. but u cant install a whole PC running that C++ program in a traffic light pole :lol: :lol:

i just wanted to see a running system that is efficient and easy to implement

samcheetah said:
i know that Nigel.

i was asking if someone has written such a software for some uP or uC. if someone has attempted to make such a system plz tell me.

such a system can be simulated in C++ easily. but u cant install a whole PC running that C++ program in a traffic light pole :lol: :lol:

i just wanted to see a running system that is efficient and easy to implement

You don't need a PC and C++ to write such a simple application, that's why it's such a common assignment for students. It would be a trivial task for a PIC micro-controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back