Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

traffic light circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

swallow bird

Hi
I have to build a traffic light(red-50s & green-30s) with 74ls192(3 IC),Lm555,relays,logic gates(AND,NAND,OR,NOT),7-segments and 74ls47.could someone help me with this circuit?
I dunno where to use relays and logic gates,also I wanna know how three 74ls192 connect to each other?

I've made a similar circuit with a CMOS 4017. I haven't looked at the datasheet, but there should be a "carry" pin so you can link the final output to the input on the next IC for it to keep counting along.
Use the diodes to link your outputs together, eg. when you want a red lights on at different times, do not connect IC outputs together directly, instead use two (or more) signal diodes (this is effectively your OR gate) to the outputs and LED/relay respectively.
Depending on the wattage the IC(s) can handle, you may need to use your relays to trigger the LEDs.
You say you "have" to build this? Is it a uni project or something that has to meet criteria?
I'm sure some more experienced enthusiasts can help you out with the 74LS192. Good luck. :)

Hi swallowbird,

is the traffic light used for pedestrian's crossing? I'm missing the yellow light in the threat. Secondly: Should the design be for a four-way-intersection?

Boncuk

swallow bird said:
Hi
I have to build a traffic light(red-50s & green-30s) with 74ls192(3 IC),Lm555,relays,logic gates(AND,NAND,OR,NOT),7-segments and 74ls47.could someone help me with this circuit?
I dunno where to use relays and logic gates,also I wanna know how three 74ls192 connect to each other?

Hi

Duno if it helps but here is a schematic.

Mark

Attachments

• trafic.jpg
    trafic.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,486
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back