Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Traffic Light circuit design help needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCrowley

A friend of mine purchased a traffic light at an auction. I want to make up some controls to operate it automatically just like a street light would. With adjustable timing from 1-10 minutes for example.
Green on for 1-10 minutes
Green off
Yellow on for 1-10 minutes
yellow off
Red on for 1-10 minutes
red off green back on
I want this to be adjustable from 1-10 minutes approxiamatley for each color. Does anyone have any ideads on the best way.
Lights are 120V I believe. I am new to electronics and are just getting my feet wet. I learn best by hands on so if someone could help me figure out the circuit I am sure I can build it.

There are a couple of designs on the internet... a serach for traffic light circuit will reveal them to you :wink:

For example: **broken link removed**

Also check for solid state relays or triacs to control the lights where LEDs are shown

Ivancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back