Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trackpad Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TtOoWwAa

Hi

I have a new laptop running XP however I cannot seem to find a built in way to disable tap to click, so I can move the cursor without it clicking all the time.
I need a program that contains the driver files and A tool for configure the trackpad.

In device manager the ID of the trackpad is: ACPI\PNP0F03\4&FF861E6&0
its just named 'Microsoft PS/2 mouse'
computer make and model is: Advent Modena (may be M100/M200, but the computer has no model number on it.)

I cannot seem to find a driver for it on the internet ,or on the manufacturers website and there's is no settings for it in control panel.

Where I can find one?, the chipset driver and the rest of the drivers are installed.

Last edited:
I'm running XP pro ill try extracting everything from the chipset driver executable to the desktop

edit:

I extracted them but this only extracts the drivers themselves, since I already installed the chipset driver a few days ago and cant see any tools to change the trackpad I'm not sure what to do next.

Last edited:
Hi Tt. Great to see you posting on the forums again!

Try this:

Go to the Control Panel and in the search bar type in "Mouse" and open it. When it comes up go to the "Device Settings" tab, click on "settings", then in the properties window click on "Tapping". Uncheck the box labeled "Enable Tapping" and click "OK". Then hit "Apply", then "OK" again.

Let me know if this works.

Good luck!
Matt

I dont have a device settings tab however i've searched through the tabs and buttons but there's nothing there to do it

Ive tried downloading this twice now and after I extract it it says 'setup.exe' is not a valid win32 application
the file is the 7/8/xp/vista one.

Instead of running the setup.exe that's in the top level of the directory, try going to WinWDF --> x86 (assuming you're using a 32-bit OS) and run setup.exe from in there. It may or may not work, but it's worth a shot.

If this still doesn't work your download may be corrupted and you'll have to try again.

Matt

You said you downloaded it twice already, which makes me think there's something you aren't telling us that would explain why it's not working. More information about the specs of your laptop -- make, model, age, OS version, OS type (32-bit or 64-bit), and any other problems you may have had recently with it.

If you don't give us all the information, I really can't help you.

laptop is 2008, make is advent model is 'modena' OS is windows xp pro SP3 X86 OS ive tried on two laptops , same error

Havn't had other problems with it.

Well I've got one more option for you. It has to be done from IE though, in case you've been using other browsers like Chrome or FF it may not work.

1. Delete the synaptics folder you have downloaded
  2. Open Internet Options from the Control Panel and under "Browsing History" click "delete". Chedk the "Temporary Internet Files" box, click "delete", then click "OK"
  3. Re-download the synaptics folder using IE (It may be that when you downloaded it again it took it from the temporary files instead of the actual download site, which means if it was corrupted the first time it would be corrupted the second time)
  4. When the download completes, try running setup.exe again

deleted the folder, cleared all cookies, content, caches, temp files downloaded program files, history downloaded in IE, same error again

According to all the relevant posts on the advent forum... They all say it is configured as a ps2 mouse... You could try downloading an XP touchpad synaptics driver and see if it works....

That's what the link I gave him suggested, and that's supposedly the one Tt tried to download already.

I tried using device manager update driver and pointed to the INF in the x86 folder ('Have Disk') but then on reboot the track-pad didn't work full stop so it must be another make.

tried another similar make using the same install method but that didn't work either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back