Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter5355

Before I go and put these designs to P.C.B. thought I would ask if somebody if they can look over these designs check them for me Please.

I have put them as attachments.

Try to use Print Screen and Paint but the paste was grayed out could not use it.

anticpation of you Help

Thank You

Attachments

• track1.jpg
    track1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 218
  • track2.jpg
    track2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 179
  • track3.jpg
    track3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 160
I've fixed one problem, in yellow, on the schematic. The PCBs are too small to see properly and seem to be missing a layer?:

Attachments

• track1.jpg
    track1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 166
You forgot to post the bottom layer. You've shown the top layer twice though.

Back to the drawing board

**broken link removed**
Roff said:
Your ground plane doesn't seem to be connected to anything.:confused:

The original design used one IC 556 I tryed to convert by using two IC 555 the reason I tryed to convert it is could not understand the design.

I will put the disign into the program I use and convert it.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Track1.jpg
    Track1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
New Design

peter5355 said:
**broken link removed**

The original design used one IC 556 I tryed to convert by using two IC 555 the reason I tryed to convert it is could not understand the design.

I will put the disign into the program I use and convert it.

Thank you for your help.

Have went back to the drawing board tryed to use the ic 556 which is on the previous post

please please help me with this project

Peter

Attachments

• track1.jpg
    track1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 152
IC 556 Schematic diagram

peter5355 said:
Have went back to the drawing board tryed to use the ic 556 which is on the previous post

please please help me with this project

Peter

Have included Schematic Diagram for the Chip 556 Timer any help you can give me on this matter would be much appriciated.

Peter

Attachments

• ic 556.jpg
    ic 556.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 158
  • track1.jpg
    track1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 143
peter5355 said:
Have included Schematic Diagram for the Chip 556 Timer any help you can give me on this matter would be much appriciated.

Peter
You have your tuning capacitor in series with your inductor, which will never work. Go back to having it in parallel.
Your reply to my comment about the ground plane being floating was a non sequitur. You need to connect everything that goes to your negative battery terminal to the ground plane. You won't need to connect this node on the bottom side of the board if you do that. You can use thermal reliefs at each connection.

Roff said:
You have your tuning capacitor in series with your inductor, which will never work. Go back to having it in parallel.
Your reply to my comment about the ground plane being floating was a non sequitur. You need to connect everything that goes to your negative battery terminal to the ground plane. You won't need to connect this node on the bottom side of the board if you do that. You can use thermal reliefs at each connection.

You are correct I have put the tuning capacitor in series will fix that soon but thank you for letting me know about it that could have been a disaster.

I am still trying to get to grips with the CAD program PCB Wizard 3 as you already know I have not set it up properly that is because I don't know how to if you can help me with setting up CAD program PCB Wizard 3 that would be great I will try and do it myself today.

I need to set up the thermal reliefs on the Pads and different colours for the + rails - rails is there anything else that I need to set up in CAD Program

Thank you for all your help so far

Peter

Thank you

Roff said:
Maybe someone else is familiar with PCB Wizard 3.

Could you please look at these designs tell me what you think.

Thank you for all your help it means a lot to me.

Attachments

• tracker1.jpg
    tracker1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 269
  • tracker2.jpg
    tracker2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 199
  • tracker3.jpg
    tracker3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 160
peter5355 said:
Could you please look at these designs tell me what you think.

Thank you for all your help it means a lot to me.
A schematic would be helpful.

Schematic

Roff said:
A schematic would be helpful.

Track1 in the attachment is the Schematic thank you for your help

Attachments

• Track1.jpg
    Track1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 175
  • tracker1.jpg
    tracker1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 174
  • tracker2.jpg
    tracker2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 167
  • tracker3.jpg
    tracker3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 146
So what is this supposed to be? Your schematic has two 555s in it, but you have one 14 pin IC in your layout. If you're going to provide a schematic, it needs to match your layout.
You seem to have confused the + and - terminals of your battery.
What kind of transistor is that? Different types have different pinouts.
There is a questionable connection in your schematic (see below). Is it connected, or not?

Attachments

• 17721-tracking-device-track1.PNG
    17721-tracking-device-track1.PNG
    293.1 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back