Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TQFP to PDIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_imum2000

for some reasons i want to convert tqfp packages to pdip on some pics that i have 18F8520 and alike
can i just make a small pcb pin to pin compatible to do the job (programming and in circuit and so on?
or there is ready made ones i can buy ?

thanks

Schmartboards provide plated throughhole access points, just not DIP ones.
They're very cheap and supposed to be quite easy to solder the SMT part onto.
$10 and Fry's carries them!
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
The way I understand it, the traces are actually sunk into shallow trenches in the fiberglass and solder was used to fill in the trench. It sort of sucks in the pins but the solder doesn't overflow the trench and thus avoids most of the risk of bridging the pins. You don't apply extra solder to it.

Last edited:
Hi,
This "http://www.epboard.com/eproducts/pro...toDIPAdapt er" is quite the rip off! Ouch!
Too bad futurlec's adapter line is so limited - 0.70 - 0.90 USD. I've also seen them quite cheep here in Korea in the stores ~5 - 8 USD.
The Schmartboards look really nice, and not a bad price at all.
I just had to pipe up when I saw epboard's site. Funny how upset their prices made me!
Regards,
Robert

PS: here is a link to some adapters. They have a complete proto board for the PIC you mentioned for less than 20 bux.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back