Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toy for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petercz

Hello,

my friend has an idea for a toy for her very young autistic children. It would be a panel with large colored buttons, lets say five of them. And when particular button is pushed, a certain melody is played. Those melodies would be uploaded to the toy somehow, preferably by USB from PC (she would like to change those melodies from time to time). It would basically be a very crude MP3 player, lets say that you could upload mp3, or any other format, named for example "1", "2" etc. and it would play file named 1.mp3 if button 1 was pushed.

So my question is: can anyone give me any idea how this can be built, or point me to some tutorials, projects that are similar? I really appreciate any help, thanks.

Sorry if this is in wrong category.

If you electronics experience is not very extensive you can buy a bunch of recorder keychains like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030MP4BU?tag=b004oovihw-20

And then hotwire the existing (PLAY) switches with bigger, more colourful buttons installed on an appropriate panel. No USB capability tough, but everything you need to record and play the sounds is already self contained. Even better, if it shorts or refuses to work you will not lose too much money.

You can get some inspiration with this video. It requires an astronomic level of time and budget so I'm putting it just for illustrative purposes.

What would I have done for my old man to make me one of those at that age.

The amount of design and fabrication time to do that panel has to be huge. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back