Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

touch switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

hi. i am making an audio mixer and i want to have a mute button for each channel. i'd like to have either a digital switch, or a touch switch. also i want an led to light when they are or aren't muted (it doesn't matter which). the question is: is there a schematic somewhere of a touch switch with led indicator. i would prefere not to use relays as they make an audible click. the switch can't put power out - it must put the input signal out. Is it possible?!?

Cheers

Josh.

thank you. sorry to be a pain, but how would i adapt the circuit to drive a transistor as a switch to mute the audio?

thanks again

Josh

OK forget using a switch, use the logic output of the last gate to operate a 4066 (quad analogue switch).Just use the logic level to switch one of the analog switches, and use the contacts to mute your audio,use the same logic signal to operate another of the 4066 gates to operate an led if you wish, check the current draw of the led first...avoids blowing the 4066....

Hi.

about the 4066, could i run it off 5VDC? does Vdd mean +ve and Vss mean earth, or does it need dual power supplies?

Cheers.

For analog switches need the + and - voltage if the switched signal have + and - DC components. When Your circuit AC-coupled (serial condenser),You can eliminate the negative supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back