Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asjad

Does anyone have a link or a circuit for the the following requirement

------------------------------

Easy to understand touch switch circuit.

I would prefer the switch to start a clock so that I can count how long the
switch has been pressed for.

Which is easier to implment:

50Hz detection
Capacitance based
-----------------
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

look up CD4026 on the net. The data sheet should probably give you enough info.

If the clock needs to be accurate, you will need a crystal, (or if accuracy is not an issue, a 555 timer IC would do) to give the pulses, which will feed into a 4026, which would cascade into another 4026. Each 4026 will drive a 7-segment display. You would connect your push switch to the 'enable' pin on the first 4026. I have a digram of this lying around somewhere, I'll try and dig it out for you.

The above is probably the simplest way to do it, however, it will only count in seconds. If you want minutes as well, it gets a bit more complicated. However, it would be accomplished using (instead of each 4026) a 4510 and a 4511. The 4510 has a binary output, to drive the 4511 (which drives the 7-segment display). Logic gates can be connected to the binary output and reset the whole thing when it gets to 59 seconds (using the first method it would count up to 99 seconds).

Is this any help?

Tim

along the lines of my second idea, here are two (the second probably more complex than the first) circuits for you to look at.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I think you misunderstood me, I need a simple circuit for a

touch sensetive circuit

Asjad said:
I think you misunderstood me, I need a simple circuit for a

touch sensetive circuit

Correct, but no misunderstanding.
The CD4026 will allow you to measure the time that the button has been pressed. All you really need to do is get busy with your school project and search google/books on the topic of touch switches.

lol, McGuinn, my electronics teachers were very fond of the 4026...partly why I suggested it.

as suggested, google 'touch switch'. It comes up with exactly what you're looking for.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back