Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch sensor light control needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

geemer

I'm looking for a way to construct a "touch control" circuit for 120v light fixtures that I am fabricating. The light would go on or off when the metal base is touched. There are commercially available ones that screw into the light fixture but these are too limited as well as expensive. I need the circuit plans to install one inside the fixture. Thanks for the help.

haello

i just read the above post, and i am also need of ckt of more or less same kind, so is there anyone who can help me out.... i need a ckt which is capable of switching on the other ckt which operate on 230V ac and it should not go off untill and unless it is touched again.

thanx for helping a newbie

I know motorola makes an e-field sensor IC that can detect changes in capacitance of a sensor plate like you describe. When a person touches the plate the capacitance will change.

Brent

Touch sensor

Hello,

You need a 8 pin STK 58C308 ic to drive a BT136, this triac will connect a incandescent lamp in three steps of intensity and then goes off, just touching a metal contact.

It is very difficult to get a datasheet and application notes.I found this forum (in french) , where a person asks for the IC datasheet and is responded sending him a one sheet datasheet.

https://www.abcelectronique.com/archive/sujets_corp/f_20601_20701.phtml

I have some of this ic's in little black boxes with a few components to drive a lamp. They are from " Harrier Int'l Co.,Ltd."

I hope this information may help you.

Regards.

Touch sensor

Hello,

You need a 8 pin STK 58C308 ic to drive a BT136, this triac will connect a incandescent lamp in three steps of intensity and then goes off, just touching a metal contact.

It is very difficult to get a datasheet and application notes.I found this forum (in french) , where a person asks for the IC datasheet and is responded sending him a one sheet datasheet.

https://www.abcelectronique.com/archive/sujets_corp/f_20601_20701.phtml

I have some of this ic's in little black boxes with a few components to drive a lamp. They are from " Harrier Int'l Co.,Ltd."

I hope this information may help you.

Regards.

Sorry for the double message

Check this URL

Hey buddy,
Just check this URL, and find out if the circuit will be of any use to you.

**broken link removed**
with regards
anu.

I am looking to buy touch sensor for lamp Type Nr GE-14-1 230V - 50 HZ product Number 1835/02. Where I can get this? Thanks.Regards Bogdan J. CYRSON

i read the post above

may this help u, search the web and find alexan projects and circuits design. i read the same diagram u need in some books of alexan products. may be it is on volume 4 issued

hope u succeed

There are commercially available ones that screw into the light fixture but these are too limited as well as expensive. I

geemer,

What do you mean by "too limited"? Are they too big, or do you want it to do something besides ON and OFF?

Ken

eric,
D*#n! I hate it when I forget to look at that!:(
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back