Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch sensitive wristband

Status
Not open for further replies.

sil

I've been thinking about chording keyboards and other methods of one-handed input recently. If I grip my right wrist with my left hand, and then move the fingers of my right hand, I can feel various tendons and so on moving in my wrist. It occurred to me that it might be possible to make a wristband out of touch switches, or some similar touch-sensitive material, and then calibrate it for my wrist so that it picks up finger movement. That would give me what amounts to a one-handed chording keyboard but with no actual keyboard required, which would be pretty cool. However, my component-fu is not strong, so I don't know whether such switches (or pressure-sensitive material) exist, but all you clever electronics people might know! So: does this sound remotely plausible? I'm imagining that the wristband would be something like rubber, with quite a few very slim pressure switches mounted on the inner surface of the rubber all around the circumference of the band. If this is a laughably stupid idea, don't hold back in letting me know. If it might be possible, do please point me in the direction of components or materials that might make it possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back