Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch Screen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephselim

can anybody help me with any samples for touch screen circuit with a PIC?!!
Please somebody help me with anything...
thanks in advance...

Are you sure you even need a PIC? I have seen touchscreens that come complete with software packages for the PC, on which you point & click to build your menu/interface and transfer it directly to the onboard IC... Of course you could then add a PIC to the circuit but for the low-level logic, and not the user interface itself...

You need hardware first, then we can help you on software.

If by "samples" you mean can we find you a touch screen as a sample, no, I don't think anybody can do that. In fact it'll be pretty difficult to get ahold of one of those as a free sample, they're expensive and if anybody does give them out they'll check your business creditials first.

I suppose you are just in need of a touch screen application to upgrade your PIC&LCD system.It will be simple to handle if you understand the basic principle of the touch screen.I recommend the use of a resistive touch screen because it cheap and easy to begin with.Learn about its structure from any web resource with a search engine.If you like,get a touch screen driver/scanner like ADS7846.Get its datasheet and you will figure out a way to interface it with a PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back