Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

touch screen driver development

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekman

hi,
i am having trouble with my final year project. i am designing a controller and software for my touch screen. i have download ddk software pack and i am ready to start programming.
first off, i would like to ask which port is better to use. should i use the ps/2 port that the mouse already use or should i use the rs 232 port?

and which one of these port will best allow me interface with it using c or c++ or even java?

plus i have no idea how o begin to make a software so please is there any tutorials or something i can read?

and also is it possible to modify a mouse software driver to enable it work for a touch screen and if yes, where can i find such source code.

please anyone how do i begin to make a software.
thank you for your time.

I dont think you can modify a mouse driver, for starters have a look here.

**broken link removed**

Use an open source operating system such as Linux, BSD or even FreeDOS, that way you can modify the source code all you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back