Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch Screen Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedCircuit64

Hello,

I have a side project I'm working on with my son. We are putting his Xbox 360 into a PC case to help combat the overheating issues that plague those systems. We have a touch panel (4.3") like those you see in a HTPC case or in MP4 player that we would like to use as a control panel to scroll through the Xbox system menus. Then once we start a game or movie have the touch panel go to a clock or temperature monitor or something generic.

If it isn't do-able let me know. If it is do-able let me know that too! That would be the coolest mod I could imagine.. LOL

It is doable, but it's not going to be easy. You are going to need a microcontroller, and a good bit of time debuging the program and trying to get it to work exactly as you said.

An easier way to do it is to get rid of the touch screen. Use a simple 16x2 LCD, display the time on one line and the temp on another. Just solder in regular push buttons to bypass the push buttons already in the xbox. If you get the menu on the TV it's plugged into then there is really no reason to have the menu displayed on the LCD screen (this would take months or even years for an expert to do).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back