Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch Screen Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmbyrnes

I'm building a streaming MP3 player and wanted to get advice on what touch screen I should buy. I have a development kit with a RS-232 port that I would like to use to connect to the touch screen.

I was going to buy this TI Stellaris screen but have heard some negative things about it. Luminary Micro - Stellaris

Anyone have a touch screen they like with a RS-232 port and plenty example code?

Use whatever display you want and just find a resistive touch membrane that you can place over it. Buying a complete module is overrated as you'll pay the premium for the work they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back