Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch on LEDs Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coded_Bananas

Can anyone point me in the direction of making an LED light up when touched and then turn of either by touching again or a reset button?

My idea is to build a rather large matrix and be able to "draw" on the board lighting up the leds when they are touched. I figure it could be done with an IR Led and Receiver or using the led as a sensor.

Some circuit diagrams would be far more useful to me as i'm a bit of amateur and can't readily design my own circuits. Any kits etc that you could buy is also a bonus.

Many Thanks

Something similiar yes but I would want the leds to stay on until manually turned off either by touch them again or a reset button/switch.

I'll have a google on those keywords, thanks for the tip.

You may want to interface a conductive surface ( aluminum, steel or copper plate) to a one-shot or RS flip-flop driving the LED. Works best indoors due to stray AC field. CMOS ICs are best for this application, since you can use a 9V or 12V smoke alarm battery and make this project mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back