Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total Newbie with exciting project - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good, please post a pic of this thing when you get it set up the way you want. I'm guessing you have a 70's classic or something and you don't want to insult the dashboard with modern electronics.

Last edited:
You're fairly close, I do want to preserve factory integrity, although it is a 90's VW, not a 70's dreamer! I'll send pics once we get there, everything's apart right now. I look forward to hearing from you on the sketch when you have a chance.

Thanks again!

Duffy;

Just hoping you might have a chance to sketch out the circuit this weekend, or anytime soon. Thanks again for your help on this!

Please help me pick up where I left off...

As you can see from Duffy's last post he had intended to help me build a circuit that, when receive constant 5V input, would emit a 5V pulse about 0.25 sec long, and when constant 5V turns off it emits a pulse again. His idea seemed to incorporate "a CD4093 schmitt-trigger gate with a cap and a diode to kill the signal after a certain time period - maybe .25s?". I have not heard back from Duffy since his last post, and it seems that he (she?) does not frequent this website very often anymore.

I would be grateful if someone could complete a sketch for me of the circuit I need to build to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back