Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TOTAL BEGINNER, what to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwede73

Hi!

I guess you've got questions like this a number of times but i just want to know, from proffessionals, who have tried them, or a couple of them, which is the one to start with if you have no programming experience at all...

I have the following kits so what to begin with?

- Mbed microcontroller -
- Pickit 2 -
- the "Make" controller -
- Arduino Decimilia -
- Arduino Nano -

I also want to know how to program ATtinys, could it be done with any of these kits?

Are there similar programming languages for any of them or do i have to learn the basics for them each?

THANKS!!

To be honest I haven't played with any of these! But, if it were me I'd fire up one of hte Arduino kits.

They seem to be well supported in communities. You don't need to muck around with toolchains. The programming is a good introduction to C. And there is heaps of great hardware available.

Good luck

**broken link removed**

Ok! Thanks!
Well, they are very supported so i think its a good start, but they are, what should i call it, all inclusive platforms, you need the boards, i want to program just the microchips, so i might go for the PIC instead, im just worried that i will have to learn many different languages, but on the other hand, im not going for anything complicated, just want to control servos and led's

/Anders

I started with a breadboard a handfull of pics and a pickit2. Nigel's tutorials are good and then I moved to 'C' from there.

Thanks! i have seen his page, so i think i will start there! im almost convinced that all my projects can be done with PIC, and i have the PICKIT2 so that will have to do

/Anders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back