Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toslink optical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean by spec or you happen to have two connectors and a cable? In the case of the latter it might be possible if you used two very different wavelengths of light and the appropriate detector or modulate the data at different frequencies. I could be wrong though.

toslink is just the optical version of S/PDIF, the protocols are identical. One side transmits the other recieves, that is all that can occur bi-directional communication is not possible. I've never seen a mic that has an input, or a speaker that has an output, could you explain what you're trying to do a bit better?

i decided only to use TOSLINK out put for TV's and media players

its for a computer build
i am taking a electronics course in september
ATM im planning everything which can be verified without electrical knowledge out

You think Toslink can be dealt with without electrical knowledge because the transmission media is optical?? You got a whole lot of learning to do =)

i know but i don't think that at all, lets just say (as an example) a LED and button cell,

if i worked out (with help maybe) tha the longer leg on the LED goes to positive and the small leg on the LED goes to negative i have made sure that it will work before building it,

which is what i'm going with the sound chip but not including the other components (like resistors) yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back