Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba PDS4233W-H went dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
PDS4233W-H returns a lot of hits for fujitsu, but not toshiba.
If it's the fujitsu plasma screen start by checking the capacitors, fujitsu uses the dreaded capxon capacitors.

PDS4233W-H returns a lot of hits for fujitsu, but not toshiba.
If it's the fujitsu plasma screen start by checking the capacitors, fujitsu uses the dreaded capxon capacitors.

Thanks for reply, Yes, it is a Fujitsu PDS.

The biggest cap on the PS board is 200V 1500 mfd Nippon Chemi-Con It has a slight bulge on top so I will start checking there.

Last edited:
Sorry Eric, but Plasma's have neither back lights nor inverters - those are for LCD's.
Thanks Nigel
I am still stuck in my CRT days, never had these fancy new displays when I was servicing.:D

Ah the joys of carrying a 26inch TV console up a high rise block of flats with the lifts out of order.. I do miss that .:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back