Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba PCX2500 Cable Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooutt

I'm hoping this modem is salvageable. I grabbed the wrong A/C adapter and proceeded to plug it in. The lights just did a quick blink and I heard a faint "zap". then it was dead. I did not smell any burnt electronics either.

The proper A/C adapter is a 120-60Hz to 12vDC 1000mA - the one i used is 24VAC 1300mA

they both look the same, only the labels are different, I'm a little pissed at myself lol...

I dont have a multimeter handy either, just off the top of anyones head, what would be the blown component? a simple capacitor?

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back