Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toroidal transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytree

i have a toroidal transformer the first pic is the diagram on th transformer and the second is what i think i soulhd do to get P=230v S=50v-0v-50v is that correct?

Attachments

• transformer_621.jpg
    transformer_621.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 455
The dots are important. Those taps have a direction relative to the other taps. If you screw it up on the output side you get nothing, but if you screw it up on the input side the inductances cancel each other out and it acts as a short circuit. Test with a fuse.

Oznog said:
If you screw it up on the output side you get nothing, but if you screw it up on the input side the inductances cancel each other out and it acts as a short circuit. Test with a fuse.

been there, done that... :D lol, no fuse either, transformer was only on for 2 seconds... :p

she'll be right.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back