Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TOOLS FOR THE JOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODIN'S DEN

[HI I'm a new electronics tech. and i'm looking for a technician's tool kit. I was wondering if you guys/girls could recomend something.

THKX][/b]

TOOLS

O.K. Well I used Farnell and RS to get my kit........dont buy a ready made kit, shop around and find exactly the tools you need........most kits will have stuff in that you dont need.

We would all like to get the full shooting match in one go, but that would cost more money than you will make in a year LOL.......

Think about what you NEED and get that first, IE: case, cutter, pliers, soldering iron.............anyway, you get the idea...

It took me 2 years to get a good kit together and I could still think of things that I need................... :lol:

Yeah and once you get a good kit, don't lend your tools out. That's how they go missing because quite often you won't get them back and you won't remember until you come to use them again. By that time you've often forgotten who it was you lent them to.

I've lost quite a few expensive bits that way.

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
Yeah and once you get a good kit, don't lend your tools out. That's how they go missing because quite often you won't get them back and you won't remember until you come to use them again. By that time you've often forgotten who it was you lent them to.

I've lost quite a few expensive bits that way.

Brian

I have a saying that was originally for books, but it is also valid for tools:

"There are two kinds of idiots in the world, the ones that lend tools and the ones the return them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back