Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tools for Motorola Microcontrollers? 68HC11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friendly local parts store wants to carry microcontrollers.

Well he's got a few PICs, and a couple of ATMEL parts.

He's going to carry my Inchworm ICD2 ;) as a kit.

He wants to carry some others, and these devices for Motorola.

https://technologicalarts.ca/catalog/index.php?currency=CAD

I know nothing of Motorola 68HC11s and such. Are there ICE / ICD devices, what are good ones?

PS I've recomended he carry some MAXIM & DALSEMI stuff. Like their 8031 clones and 1wire stuff.

HC11 is feature rich, I have not touched one in some time (2 digits). I will be digging out the databooks Monday for the fellow that is going to build his own computer. We burnt EPROM and used an ICE machine with them.

PIC/Ateml are simpler for sure (for me), and there are a lot more hobby type projects on the net with over the HC11.. Thought I see HC11 ones on occasion.

http://www.hc11.demon.nl/thrsim11/68hc11/

Last edited:
It's been some years since I developed 'HC11 and 'HC12 applications. I only ever used the free Motorola Assembler programs. I recall my favorite 'HC11 was the 'F1 in a 44-pin PLCC package which had built-in address/select decoding so it was a snap to add external EEPROM and RAM and to decode device select addresses using 74LS138's.

Just stumbled on this EVBU2 kit (one of several I own) a few days ago that I remember buying as surplus on sale a long time ago. It's got BUFFALO bios so loading programs into RAM should be quite easy. I'll have to pass this thing along to someone who can put it to good use.

Regards, Mike

Attachments

• M68HC11EVBU box.JPG
    M68HC11EVBU box.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 246
  • M68HC11EVBU board.JPG
    M68HC11EVBU board.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 529
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips