Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Too funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hey guys!

So something just happened to me that made me chuckle. I logged into my second facebook account this morning--my account under my screen name Der Strom--and found this message:

Thomson Yves 2:27pm May 24
Hello Dear Der Strom,

Compliments of the day,

I am Attorney Thomson Yves, a solicitor at law, personal attorney to late Mr. P.A. Strom, I have an important message for you concerning the death of your relative, and the US$9.6 million he left behind in Security Finance Firm here in Lome Togo Republic. Since his wife and only female child who are statutorily his next of kin died along side with him.

As His Attorney, I wish to present you as the Beneficiary of this Fixed sum and to lobby the bank to transfer it to your account immediately. The bank has just contacted me as his attorney to forward the details of the Beneficiary.

Please treat this business with utmost confidentiality and send me the Following information to my private email: (thomson.yves(@)yahoo.fr)

(1) Full names:
(2) Private phone number:
(3) Address:
(4) Occupation:
(5) Age and Sex:
(5) Private E-mail

On your response, I shall send you the Death Certificate and bank form.

I await your urgent response to my email.

Regards,

Thomson Yves.
Lome-Togo. West Africa.

I found this to be absolutely hilarious, as "Strom" is not my real name and this is obviously a scammer. Anyway guys, my point is to watch out for this "Thomson Yves". Don't let him fool you (I'm sure you all are smart enough not to believe this sort of thing anyway) :D:p

That's all. Just wanted to share ;)

Regards,
"Matt"

Also we need your account numbers so we can transfer the US$9.6 million into your account.

hi D8,
I got a letter the other day, from a supposed Japanese Banking official, about a millionaire who had died intestate as a result of a road accident in Japan.

I was the sole family named beneficiary for his estate, he would split the money 50/50 if I put in a claim.!!

The rest of the wording was almost identical to your email.

E.

Also we need your account numbers so we can transfer the US$9.6 million into your account.

Hahaha, I've come across that one before! :D

hi D8,
I got a letter the other day, from a supposed Japanese Banking official, about a millionaire who had died intestate as a result of a road accident in Japan.

I was the sole family named beneficiary for his estate, he would split the money 50/50 if I put in a claim.!!

The rest of the wording was almost identical to your email.

E.

Go figure. Really makes you wonder how many people actually fall for these emails. Is it really that effective that they think it's worth doing it over and over again?

I have no doubt this "Thomson Yves" is an alias, and that there are many more, in many other parts of the world. I guess the only thing I can tell people who get these kinds of messages is to use common sense. If you think your family member might have actually passed away, make some phone calls to other members of your family to verify. Never just assume they're telling you the truth.

Hi Der,

I have gotten emails very much like that one so many times now i lost count. They always want information but sometimes they even want 'small' amounts of money like 50 dollars with the promise of much much more for that small 'fee'. They make it sound like a good deal where they send you 50 thousand dollars for the price of a dinner for two at a reasonable restaurant.

I'd laugh but i cant find it funny. I have read about many of these scams at the local bank i use and people do actually fall for these things as strange as they sound.

Lot of emails from Russia asking for money straight out.

One case was where a gal made friends with a guy from the USA on some chat site and it seemed normal until suddenly one day everyone in her family had to go to the hospital for one reason or another and she desperately needed money wired to her on an almost daily basis. The sad part is you dont know if they really had some sort of health problem in their failing country and really needed any support they could get, or just wanted to make some extra cash for whatever.

Last edited:
I had a letter in the post last year claiming that I had won big on a European lottery, somewhere in spain IIRC.

Can't remember the full details of the letter, but they wanted contact and banking information.

My heart raced at first, briefly, until I remembered that I hadn't and have never put a stake on any Euro lottery.

In the heat of the moment, I wonder how many people actually get taken in and subsequently fleeced, by being presented with the potential "opportunity" to have their life changed...

I'm going in....

This is going to be good. I'll report back.

Over and out.

Hello Thomson,

I was extremely excited to hear the good news you broke to me the other day through my social media account. What further must I do to accept my reward?

My life will forever be changed.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Kenny

The trap is set.

this reminds me of the famous ebay laptop scam where the scammer got scamed big time lol. unfortunately alot of the time people get caught because of there own greed, like thinking youve won a lottery youve never entered

Hello Mr. Kenny,

Good day and how are you? Please pardon me if I am a little bit more careful here. Yes I contacted you for this business but please to avoid identity theft and to enable me ascertain that you really was the one I contacted, kindly reconfirm to me your stance by forwarding to me a copy of my first letter to you.

Once I receive this copy of my first letter to you, it will enable me to open up to you the entire procedures in steps and then send you bank form to fill and send to bank alongside the death certificate.

I wait on you now.

Do have a nice day,

Regards.

Thomson Yves Esq.

Derstrom... could I get some help here?

Derstrom... could I get some help here?

Hahahaha! That's hilarious! The grammar alone is so horrible that it would tip most sensible people off that this is bogus!

I would have suggested using a second email address for this sort of thing, so that you can close it if need be. Since he has your email address now, I guess it doesn't matter too much. Did you say you also got this message over facebook? If so, I wonder if you ought to just tell him that, and copy and paste the message into an email saying it's the best you can do.

Hahahaha! That's hilarious! The grammar alone is so horrible that it would tip most sensible people off that this is bogus!

I would have suggested using a second email address for this sort of thing, so that you can close it if need be. Since he has your email address now, I guess it doesn't matter too much. Did you say you also got this message over facebook? If so, I wonder if you ought to just tell him that, and copy and paste the message into an email saying it's the best you can do.

I actually did use an email account I have set aside. I actually have half a dozen or so, for varying levels of importance. (Also handy for trolling...)

I do have a facebook account associated with this email address, but he hasn't contacted me there yet.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003667627781

If you don't have the original message, I'll just come up with an outlandish reason why I can't give it to him and let it go at that, lol

I actually did use an email account I have set aside. I actually have half a dozen or so, for varying levels of importance. (Also handy for trolling...)

I do have a facebook account associated with this email address, but he hasn't contacted me there yet.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003667627781

If you don't have the original message, I'll just come up with an outlandish reason why I can't give it to him and let it go at that, lol

Oops, I think I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you also got a similar message,and were responding to that. I suggest you just say that he sent it to your facebook, and that you've copied and pasted the original message. Just replace "Der Strom" with "Buster Adams":

Hello Dear Buster Adams,

Compliments of the day,

I am Attorney Thomson Yves, a solicitor at law, personal attorney to late Mr. P.A. Adams, I have an important message for you concerning the death of your relative, and the US$9.6 million he left behind in Security Finance Firm here in Lome Togo Republic. Since his wife and only female child who are statutorily his next of kin died along side with him.

As His Attorney, I wish to present you as the Beneficiary of this Fixed sum and to lobby the bank to transfer it to your account immediately. The bank has just contacted me as his attorney to forward the details of the Beneficiary.

Please treat this business with utmost confidentiality and send me the Following information to my private email: (thomson.yves(@)yahoo.fr)

(1) Full names:
(3) Address:
(4) Occupation:
(5) Age and Sex:
(5) Private E-mail

Regards,

Thomson Yves.
Lome-Togo. West Africa.

This is getting better and better by the second :D

Last edited:
Oops, I think I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you also got a similar message,and were responding to that. I suggest you just say that he sent it to your facebook, and that you've copied and pasted the original message. Just replace "Der Strom" with "Buster Adams":

This is getting better and better by the second :D

:rolleyes: my bad... I should have looked at the OP, I didn't realize I was asking you for something you already posted!

Thanks so much...

Wait a second! Derstrom, you didn't treat this with the utmost of confidentiality! Now you won't get the money!

Yves!

Thank goodness you responded, I have waited at my computer for this message!

Here is the original message you requested of me, from my Facebook account:

Hello Dear Buster Adams,

Compliments of the day,

I am Attorney Thomson Yves, a solicitor at law, personal attorney to late Mr. P.A. Adams, I have an important message for you concerning the death of your relative, and the US$9.6 million he left behind in Security Finance Firm here in Lome Togo Republic. Since his wife and only female child who are statutorily his next of kin died along side with him.

(1) Full names:
(3) Address:
(4) Occupation:
(5) Age and Sex:
(5) Private E-mail

Regards,

Thomson Yves.
Lome-Togo. West Africa.

Now since you have been kind and legitimate with me, (not to mention taking time out of your busy schedule to contact me on this matter), I do need to inform you that I did tell one of my closest friends that I was about to receive the money, I regret this terribly and I hope it does not prevent me from being eligible to receive this inheritance. I weep softly as I write this. Please tell me my fears are ungrounded (Like a cathode!) and I have not broken your trust in me.

My full name is Buster Takeapoo Adams
I am switching phone carriers at the moment, but you can call me at work (since it is urgent) at +01 536 533 255
I do not have a fixed address at the moment, (I am living out of my car, that's how badly I need this money) but I have been parking it at the WaWa at the intersection of North Durham and Weasel street.
I have spent some time at the New York occupation, and at occupy Baltimore as well, but I haven't spent a whole lot of time there. I don't know how you knew I was into the occupy movement, but I am glad you have done some research on me.

I am a 37 year old transsexual (female at the moment), my social security number is 457-55-5462. (If it helps you to have this, if it is not useful to you please discard the information! I'd rather it not fall into the wrong hands)

This is the email address you may use to contact me.

Thank you Thomson! I cannot wait for your kind words!

- (Ms.) Buster.

Here we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back