Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tone detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcat

How do I make a curcuit that will trigger when it detects a square wave tone of a set freqency?

I hate vague requrests, please give more information!

The **broken link removed** PLL tone decoder is designed for this, but we need more info like the input, are you planning to use a microphone or will it interface with another circuit, you might have to build an amplifier?

Usually, a tone dectection circuit is built using an LM567 IC. It only takes a couple of external components to do what you want. Here's a link to a data sheet: **broken link removed**
(Actually, the LM567 is discontinued and has been replaced by a low-power CMOS version, the LMC567, which does the same thing.)
JB

this looks like just what i need for my audio cable tester 500hz to 3000hz, but havn't a clue about the additional components required?? can anyone help me out??

there is no contact with the cable, i've bought a cable tracer today from maplins, does kinda what i want it to but i would ideally want to increase the sensivity between 500hz and 3000hz, do get a bit of 'ac' fuz on it too, would be nice to try and reduce that if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back