Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TOF range finder wiring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yair

hey, got my hands on a nice Time Of Flight laser range finder.
but i cant understand its wiring. intrested to connect it to an atmel micro
**broken link removed**
any inputs?

waldkirch dt50-p1124 (datasheet (pdf))

(first post, thanks cr0sh for the heads up, this place looks loaded with info)

Looks like nothing more than a laser diode and photodiode in the same package. Using it properly will require a very high speed FPGA or other type of clock for TOF measurement.

Looks to me like the output may be 0 to 10V proportional to distance. I would put an o'scop or voltmeter across various pair of pins to find out.

Other than that, the datasheet is a little sparse. Maybe there is another one under "applications" on the site.

John

Edit: I have to be away for several hours tomorrow morning. If you haven't gotten the answer by the time I get back to Cleveland, I will give those rascals in Minnesota a call and find out what the connections are. BTW, what did you pay for the device?

John

Last edited:
got it second hand from a theme park attraction contractor
i ll sniff for voltage with a scope and report

Last edited:
Do you know how to power it up? Be cautious. The wire and color codes you show reminded me just a little of the sensor outputs for an ultrasonic sensor I have from Hyde Park Electronics (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/04/V_105_C.pdf). NB: Mine is a 4-wire output.

The Codes were: Brown = +VDC; Black = open collector output (NPN, sink; PNP, source); white = control; and blue = DC common. The open collector is described at page 36 of that link, if you have not seen it before.

I think the safest bet is to contact the manufacturer of your device. Unless, of course, you know how to power it up.

John

I'm thinking jpan might be right that it is an analog output either 0-10V or 4-40ma. I found this other module that seems to be similar though not identical, as already stated you'll probably need more info.

a friend fwd me some more info from an application PDF, I can't connect it yet as my atmel MC is 5v based
https://db.tt/RG8IXgcc
The following apply for connection in B : brn = brown, blk = black, blu = blue, wht = white, gra = grey.
Q = Switching output, QA = Analog output, MF = Multi-functional input. Connect cables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back