Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

to step- up the voltage from 5vdc to 12vdc car wiring system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHAIRUL AMRI

hi all...

now i'am doing a final year project by using a microcontroller PIC16F877A.. the output from this microcontroller are only 5v.
so, i have a problem regarding this output, i need to step- up the voltage from 5vdc to 12vdc that are capable to combined with relay that connected to wiring car system.

1) what are the devices/components that are suitable to convert dc to dc step voltage regarding this project?
2)is the software proteus 7.5 can simulate all the conveter dc-to-dc and the relay also can perform well?

im newbie here.. thanks for your concern :)

No need to step up the voltage. To drive a relay use a ULN2003. Not sure if the parts you use have to be automotive qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back