Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To shift dc offset sine wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrvrao

Hello every one,

I have an sine wave of -15v to 15v ( dc-offset is 0 v) and i need to shift it to a sine wave of 0 - 3v with dc offset of 1.5v.

i taught of using diodes but its cutting off the negative half.

as am new in to electonics,So i dont know much about it.

It would be very helpfull for me if u can give some ideas.

thanks

hi,
Its possible to do that using a simple operational amplifier circuit.

It would help you could tell us more about the project, whats the source of the +/-15Vsine and whats the +/-1.5Vsine wave going to be used for.??

hi ,

thanks for reply.

+/-15v supply is from inverter and 0- 3v voltage is to fed controller after converting to pulse.

can you tell me abt the op-amp ckt.

hi,
This circuit will do what you ask.

E.

EDIT:
What are the details of the pulse you require.?
+/-15v supply is from inverter and 0- 3v voltage is to fed controller after converting to pulse.

Last edited:
hi,

can we use lt1632 op amp and can we use 28 v supply voltage for the same ckt.

the pulse required is same 0 - 3v with freqency of 2khz.

hi,

can we use lt1632 op amp and can we use 28 v supply voltage for the same ckt.

the pulse required is same 0 - 3v with freqency of 2khz.

hi,
The LT1632 looks ok.

You could get a 0/3V square wave directly from a comparator, no need for a level shift stage.

hi,

i have an doubt, can we shift the sine wave without adding an voltage reference like V+ at input.

hi,

i have an doubt, can we shift the sine wave without adding an voltage reference like V+ at input.

Thats not easily done.

The voltage reference is only the same +5V as the supply to the OPA.

hi,

I am not completely sure what you are asking here, but yes it is possible to raise a sinewave so that it is always above 0v but still a sine shape.

Have a look at my attached sketch.

You could also make the sinewave completely negative by reversing the diode.

There are limits to this technique,
there will be a little bit of offset about one diode drop (0.6v), which may not be a problem depending on what you want to use the signal for.
Also, if you want to use this signal as a clock for something, you will have to use something with a Schmitt circuit or a comparator as Eric has suggested in order to give a fast rise time to the clock. Otherwise you may get some strange effects due to noise and the slow risetime of the sinewave.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back