Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To implement CD-ROM Focus/Tracking Control Loop w/o DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefftjy

Have anyone managed to implement a Focus/Tracking Control Loop for CD-ROM without using DSP? I am interested to see if it is possible to implement it using only analog devices and basic components.

jefftjy said:
Have anyone managed to implement a Focus/Tracking Control Loop for CD-ROM without using DSP? I am interested to see if it is possible to implement it using only analog devices and basic components.

A DSP is only used to replace a great deal of other circuitry, so it would certainly be possible - but I doubt it would be cost effective. If you look for circuits for the very first CD Players (Sony CDP101 was one of the first - 1982), they used much less integration than modern ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back