Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To be or not to move your backside outa here

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrie

I'm moving this weekend - lock stock and barrel.
And I'm not nearly finished packing, ha.ha.ha.ha.

Wish me luck, if any of you have some spare time, come help pack.

ha.ha.ha.haaaaaaa

I'm moving this weekend - lock stock and barrel.
And I'm not nearly finished packing, ha.ha.ha.ha.

Wish me luck, if any of you have some spare time, come help pack.

ha.ha.ha.haaaaaaa

Good Luck.

We await your upcoming arrival in the new Location.

kv

What a mess, but now it's done.
Had to do without Pc for a whole week, just not time during week days to set up.
Now all I need is a bigger house and a holiday, which I'm not going to get.
I've moved about 55km closer to my current place of work, it saves me 110km per day as well as one to two hours per day on the road.
I'm now staying in one of the outer suburbs of Johannesburg in an area called Honeydew.
Time will tell whether the move was good or bad.

Sounds like your near Gauteng. Hmm sounds like a scary place to be.

**broken link removed**

Stay safe :)

Johannesburg is known as the "Crime Capital" of the world.

Here is South Arica, things like Rape, Murder, gunpoint hijacking etc. don't even make the headline on the local newspapers. All that our current ANC government is concerned with, is why the party is splitting up so close to next years pending election? Crime was never ever a concern of theirs, nor do I think it ever will be. What do expect? Half our government are ex-jail birds.

Good luck to the visitors of the 2010 world cup. :rolleyes:

Yip, but we were close to Gauteng in any case - and crime was on the up there too - we've even had gun fire right outside our complex.
Complexes have also been targeted regularly out there, and the cops tend to run away when faced by 12 attackers peltering them down with AK47 fire.
We are again staying in a complex, but one that is inside a complex - quite weird - but security seems reasonable.
The area is known for hi-jacking, but I do not think I drive cars that are on the most wanted list any case.
Only time will tell how safe it is around here.

Yip, but we were close to Gauteng in any case - and crime was on the up there too - we've even had gun fire right outside our complex.
Complexes have also been targeted regularly out there, and the cops tend to run away when faced by 12 attackers peltering them down with AK47 fire.
We are again staying in a complex, but one that is inside a complex - quite weird - but security seems reasonable.
The area is known for hi-jacking, but I do not think I drive cars that are on the most wanted list any case.
Only time will tell how safe it is around here.

Hearing your plight makes me glad to live in the USA. I am sorry that you have to live in the conditions that you do, and I wish the best for you.

I hope anyone from the US that complains about our country, listen to stories like yours.
Whiney punks...

Stay safe...

Last edited:
A while back you were looking into moving to Canada. I expect it can take a long time to get the paperwork setup.

I always liked the idea of living near work. A friend drives over 100 miles a day to his home in the mountains. That extends the work day about 2 hours. Given that engineers are being asked to work a lot of hours to start with and the drive makes it worse. I think I would be tempted to rent an apartment or buy a condo, drive back on the weekends.

For some reason he has become a bit of an expert on getting more MPG out of his cars.

Last edited:
Arrie, best of luck there.

Sure you are a smart fellow, but crime can still find you if in the wrong place. Happens here in the US, a lot more in the last couple months than normal. But I wish you well. Sounds like you might want to look into another country or take 3v0's advice.

I used to drive over two hours a day to go 30 miles. Changed the time I leave and new wider interstate, down to 30-40minutes. It is still a waste of time/money to me, but after reading this thread, man am I lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back